SHARE MY RECIPES
Celeriac, Cider & Dolcelatte Soupwith Caramelised Apple Rings
CELERIAC, CIDER AND DOLCELATTE SOUP WITH CARAMELISED APPLE RINGS
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
2-3 tbs olive oil
Large knob of unsalted butter
1 large Spanish onion, peeled and sliced
1 large Celeriac, peeled and cut into small chunks
3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock
500 ml of Medium Dry Cider
150g Dolcelatte Cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
2 oz salted butter
4 Braeburn or other sweet dessert apples, peeled, cored and cut into rings
AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO.....
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large lidded saucepan, and then fry the onion and potato until softened.
2. Add the celeriac and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add the stock and cider and bring to the boil. Then allow to simmer with the lid on the pan for about thirty minutes.
4. Remove the soup from the heat and crumble in the Dolcelatte cheese and keep stirring until the cheese has melted.
5. Now blend the soup to a purée and adjust the seasoning according to taste.
6. Meantime, whilst the soup is simmering, prepare the apples and fry the rings in salted butter in a large frying pan until deeply golden, you may need to do this in batches and keep them warm.
7. The soup can be served with the apple rings, a swirl of Creme Fraiche and a little rocket.