Music, Art & Cookery
SHARE MY RECIPES
Orange Glazed Salmon
ORANGE GLAZED SALMON WITH GREEN BEANS AND BULGAR WHEAT
Preparation Time: approx 10 minutes
Cooking Time: approx 15 minutes
This is the perfect supper party dish and is quick and easy to prepare and the entire dish is cooked on top of the stove.
300g bulgar wheat
1 tbsp olive oil
4 skinless salmon fillets
One onion, sliced
One bunch spring onions, sliced diagonally
juice and zest of one lemon
2 tbsp clear honey
juice 4 oranges, plus some zest
1 -2 tbs thickening granules (or cornflour dissolved in a little water, stirred until smooth)
400g trimmed fine green beans
AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO......
1. Cook the bulghar wheat according to manufacturers instructions in salted boiling water.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
3. Add the onion and cook very gently with the lid on the pan to both fry and steam until softened.
4. Now add the juice of both the lemon and oranges plus zest, saving a little to one side.
5. Stir in the honey and then add the fish fillets, and sliced spring onions, cover with a lid and allow to simmer gently for 3-5 minutes.
6. Whilst the fish is cooking, boil the beans for 5 - 6 minutes until tender.
7. If the juices appear to be too watery, you can add a little of the thickening granules or some cornflour, if you prefer.
8. Drain the bulghar wheat and return to the pan. Mix in the remaining zest and a little of the sauce.
9. To serve, spoon the bulgar wheat onto each plate, top with the drained beans and finally place a fillet of fish on top and spoon the orange mixture over the top.
10. Serve with baby new potatoes and a french dressed green salad.