SHARE MY RECIPES
King Prawns with White Wine and Garlic
KING PRAWNS WITH WHITE WINE AND GARLIC
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
This delicious dish was inspired by Rick Stein on his recent trip from Venice to Instanbul and to make this a more substantial meal, one can add rice noodles. It is quick and easy and full of flavour
Large Spanish Onion or about four Banana Shallots, sliced
One leek, sliced
2-3 large cloves garlic, crushed or sliced
250g Frozen or fresh King Prawns left in their shells
Glass of White Wine
Half tsp Cayenne Pepper
Large handful chopped parsley
AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO.........
1. Slice the onions, leek and garlic and add to a large pan with olive oil. Cook until softened, about 4-5 mins.
2. Add the King Prawns in their shells to some olive oil in a separate pan and cook until they start to turn pink. Then add the Prawns to the vegetables.
3. Add a glass of white wine, tomato puree and Cayenne pepper. (be very sparing with the Cayenne as this adds heat to the dish). Stir well and allow to simmer for a few minutes and add a little water if the mixture is looking too dry.
4. If using, you can add cooked noodles or ready to eat noodles to the dish, stir well and then turn out into a servicing dish.
5. Garnish with plenty of freshly chopped parsley and crumbled Feta cheese.
6. Delicious served with hot Baguettes.